Breaking down gaps and looking for applicability
Collaborations between companies and universities are fundamental, as it is when students are faced with the needs of today’s society to which they have to provide a solution and put their knowledge into practice.
At KARTSANA we wanted to conduct a product development project for the sanitary transport sector in collaboration with ELISAVA, School of Design and Engineering, with the aim of giving a new approach to conventional solutions and innovating by activating creativity together with methodology.
The proposed challenge consisted in the development of a device incorporated or independent to the stretcher-fixation system of the ambulance that would facilitate the work of the EMS professionals by reducing the physical effort.
In the following vídeo, ELISAVA students tell us about their experience in carrying out the project. Among the most notable challenges and obstacles are the following:
- Maintaining coherence with the design, functionality and aesthetics of the KARTSANA stretchers.
- Improving the mobility and posture corrections of the EMS professionals
- Finding information about the difficulties faced by the EMS in their daily lives
- Integrate the elements into an intuitive, quick and easy to use design and functionality
- Understand through interviews with the EMS the problems they face in their work
- Detect the moments of maximum effort of the TES in order to design a solution around it.
- To look for the creative part and get out of conventional solutions.
The results obtained from the 7 working groups that developed these new concepts were excellent, demonstrating methodology, research, creativity and practicality in each proposal. Excellent work, dear students!